In 1979, Alto Carbono S.A. de C.V. was founded in Queretaro, Mexico as a manufacturer of High Carbon Steel Wires. It rapidly became the leader in Mexico for these high tensile wires. In 1982 Cablesa was founded to include High Carbon Steel Wire Ropes. Local success leads to expansion into four (4) facilities located in the United States (Phoenix, Washington, New Orleans and Houston) the overall capacity was 50,000 MT/yr.
- It is a bimetallic product used in the cable industry that combines the high strength of steel with the conductivity and corrosion resis- tance of Copper for the CopperClad Steel. And for the CopperClad Aluminum, combines the lightweight, exibility and conductivity of the aluminum with the corrosion resistance and higher conductivity of the Copper.
- A bimetal, is a substitute for a simple metal
- The external metal is different from the internal metal
- The adherence of both metals is thru a metallurgical process na- med cladding
- The processes for manufacturing the bimetals products are:
Electrolytic, Extrusion of billets, Conforming, Liquid metals and "So- lid Metal Cladding" (Patented by CopperClad S.A. de C.V.)
CopperClad S.A. de C.V. has the highest technology ever developed for the clading process in the world. With our state of the art facility and all new equipment, we guarantee the highest quality and service for all our customers.
CopperClad's products are the perfect solution to substitute solid Copper in a lot of industries. With the volatility of the market price for Copper, all users are looking for alternative products, and we all come to the conclusion that CopperClad's Bimetals Products are the best solution.
If you are looking to cut out the theft of your Copper, to have les weight in your conductors, to add strength in your cables and to sabe money in your costs CopperClad has a perfect and high quality product that will be able to replace copper in your current applications.